Friday, June 26, 2009

Mmm Mmm Tip Banana Storage

Well, Banana Week is over and I promise there will be no banana recipes next week. I did however want to end the week with a few storage tips I have received this week as people have heard about the banana marathon. I will be trying all of these because I have several bananas left.

1. Cut bananas in half and wrap individually or flash freeze. Place in the freezer to be used for chocolate dipped bananas. Thank you to From Our Tummies to Yours.


2. Puree banana and place in ice cube trays to be used later for smoothies. Thank you Frieda from Lovin from the Oven.


3. Mash 3 bananas at a time and freeze in individual quart size freezer bags. Pull out when you are ready to bake banana bread.


Tropical Banana Update: I did make the tropical banana bread but I got a little flustered in the middle of baking when my son came and asked me how to fill water balloons so he could hit them with his bat. I totally mixed the recipe wrong. It turned out OK but it was not spectacular.



post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin