Monday, August 3, 2009

Peanut Butter Pancakes With Pancake Mix


Featured Food Storage: Premade pancake mix and peanut butter

I really wanted to try one of those peanut butter pancake recipes circulating the web. But I already have my premade pancake mix recipe in the pantry. I didn't want to make the whole batter from scratch so I wondered if I could just add peanut butter to my standard mix. A half cup melted peanut butter to this recipe made a perfect creamy peanut butter pancake. This is the second time I have made this pancake version in a week. An addition of three nephews to my already full house made these a perfect choice. I love that I can easily make this recipe in a few minutes by simply adding peanut butter to my fave pancake mix. My sister brought me a bag full of fresh picked Oregon blueberries. Peanut butter, pancakes, blueberries and syrup. An instant hit.

Recipe:
2 Cups pancake mix
1/2 cup melted peanut butter
1 1/2 cups water
1 egg
2 Tbsp oil

Melt peanut butter in microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute,until more liquid. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and cook on hot griddle.

post signature

7 comments:

The Random G33K said...

I literally just made these pancakes and they are absolutely delicious!! Thank you for posting this, as I didn't think the recipe could be made from existing pancake batter

S Club Mama said...

I'm not sure what batter you used, but unfortunately, this did not turn out for us tonight :(

Unknown said...

Turned out great with Whole wheat pancake mix from the store (plus chocolate chips!) I would advise anyone, the batter did look like cookie batter, so after the first flip, flatten out the pancake. To make sure it cooks through.

Anonymous said...

This recipe is fantastic with Krusteaz Pancake Mix. My daughter is a skinny little thing so I made a few substitutions: 2 Tbsp coconut oil (instead of veg) and 3 scoops of vanilla protein powder, a little extra water and they came out perfectly fluffy and delicious. Coconut syrup completed the ensemble!

Bryon said...

I added more water and dark chocolate peanut butter spread by Jiffy. Superb!

Jason O Elie said...

That was the bomb digigity! I followed the recipe to the T and my kids were super happy.

Jason O Elie said...

That was the bomb digigity! I followed the recipe to the T and my kids were super happy.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin