Monday, January 11, 2010

Puffy Chocolate Peanut Butter Pizza and My New Online Magazine


I have every intention of doing a little self promo because I have a really exciting new project. But first I am going to give you another dessert recipe. I know you must be thinking that I am secretly trying to sabotage your New Year's resolution to lose weight. I am not. I just keep making desserts. I am, however, managing to sabotage my own efforts to lose weight but I can't resist chocolate. I try but when I saw a recipe for a chocolate pizza in my Giada Laurentiis cookbook, I knew I had to make my own version.

Chocolate + Pizza = yum. Add a puff pastry crust and some marshmallows and toasted coconut and it is so easy to be naughty. Of course, you can omit the marshmallows and coconut and add anything you like. You can also use a regular pizza crust. I changed the crust to a puff pastry sheet because it sounded decadent and it was.

The way too easy recipe adapted from Giada di Laurentiis.

1 puff pastry sheet, defrosted. (Don't forget it takes about 40 minutes to defrost)
Nutella
4 Tb peanut butter chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate pizza
mini marshmallows
1/4 Cup shredded coconut (optional)
1 egg
1 Tb water

Mix water and egg.

Place unfolded pastry sheet on a cookie sheet, and brush with egg glaze. Bake according to box directions or until golden and puffy.


Spread a thin layer of nutella on puff pastry while still warm.
Sprinkle with peanut butter or chocolate chips. Top with marshmallows and coconut if desired.
Place pizza back in the oven and cook an additional 2-5 minutes or until chips begin to melt and marshmallows begin to look golden.

Remove from oven and enjoy warm or chill and eat cold. It tastes like a candy bar cold but it has that melt in your mouth warm joy.

A LITTLE SELF-PROMOTION

I have recently launched my new online lifestyle magazine and community for Southern Utah, Aliveutah.com. Why am I telling you this? First many of my fellow foodies are from Utah. Second I have a great Taste section you should check out. This maiden issue actually features a fellow foodie blogger, Cookin Canuck, and some of her pine nut recipes. I am also looking for a Utah foodie blogger for February. So let me know if you want to be considered for the Featured Utah food blogger.
Go check out the Taste section. TASTE

3 comments:

Belinda @zomppa said...

Congratulations on your magazine!! This pizza is speaking my language.

lululu said...

i agree it's way too easy! and it looks sinfully tasty!

Emily Malloy said...

Oh. My.


You have made my day. You have combined the best things in history.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin