Friday, June 4, 2010

Baked Butternut Squash


Never take on a weekly posting challenge when it is deadline week for your online magazine. Just a little note to say I almost missed the Daily Special Challenge because I am more than a little overwhelmed. That said I am sharing a basic and easy recipe for Baked Butternut Squash. I have had several people ask me how to make butternut squash and so I am sharing the simple technique for a roasted squash.

Let me just put a little plug in for this orange fleshed beauty. I love the stuff -- seriously. It is like a rich comforting buttery food without the butter or fat and all the goodness of a vegetable. I ate half of one for lunch today. I did sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on top but that was it and it was heaven.

Baked Butternut Squash
Preheat oven to 350 farenheit.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat to keep cleanup easy.
Slice butternut lengthwise in half. Using a spoon scoop out seeds.
Place squash cut side down on lined cookie sheet.
Place in the oven for 35 minutes.
Remove from oven and turn squash over continue to cook for 10 to 20 minutes or until tender.

Remove and scoop or cut squash flesh out. I seriousl just it straight out of the skin. I also refrigerate the leftovers for lunch later in the week

How easy is that. I made one for the next day while I was busy getting dinner for that night. See, I am a multi tasker and no matter what everyday hold I have to spend hours in the kitchen. Check out today's daily special. Kitchen Mats

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin