Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mini Lime Tarts

photo courtesy of athensfood.com

Did you know tarts are the cupcakes of the pie world? These tarts right here are what prove to me that it is a good idea to keep sweetened condensed milk in the pantry. I love lime flavored things, especially in the spring when I am dreaming of green. I recently served these up at a St. Paddy's day luncheon. mmm mmmm they were gobbled.

They were so easy to make, especially because I used the phyllo cups as the base. I love phyllo cups and  always keep some in my freezer just for when I need an easy fancy fix

I will be making these sweet little bites of indulgence again and unfortunately I can't take any kind of credit for the recipe. It came straight from the athensfood.com site.

The easy recipe.
Ingredients


1/2 cup softened cream cheese

1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk

2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

1/4 teaspoon lime zest

15  Mini Fillo Shells (1 box)

2 thin slices of lime, cut into eigths, for garnish


In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and milk. Mix until light and fluffy. Add lime juice and lime zest. Mix thoroughly. Chill for 1 hour. Spoon or pipe 2 teaspoons of filling into each Fillo Shell. Garnish with sliced lime. Serve immediately.



Makes 15 desserts

1 comment:

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

filo and lime pie oh my these look wonderful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin