Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cherry Vanilla Smoothie

Follow Me on Pinterest


Pantry Recipe: Canned cherries and vanilla pudding.

I love a good smoothie and this is one of my new favorite combos. I got a new immersion blender for my birthday and I love that I can make single smoothies right in the cup. It is so fun and easy. You can, of course, use a blender if you don't have an immersion blender or want to make a larger amount. This recipe is good for one large or two small smoothies. 

It is also pantry friendly, using up some of my canned cherries from food storage. I love having cherries smack dab in the middle of winter. I feel like I am cheating the chilly dreary weather. In addition, I found some frozen chopped apples that had been coated in cinnamon sugar that were left over from apple tart recipe.

The Recipe:
 1/4 Cup canned cherries (click here for my no sugar added canned cherries)
1/4 to 1/2 cup cherry juice from jar (depending on your desired consistency)
4 oz Vanilla yogurt (I use greek yogurt)
1 TB sugar free vanilla pudding mix
1/2 cup crushed ice.
1/4 cup small frozen apple chunks (they had been pretreated with cinnamon sugar and lemon juice). You could use finely chopped apple here instead with a dash of cinnamon. 

Add to large cup or blender and blend until smooth.  
So delicious!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bet this is raelly tasty, sounds perfect.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin