Sunday, February 5, 2012

Lamb Chops W/ Mustard Crust


Recipe Trial: In my quest to try a new recipe every week.

Lamb is part of my winter menu. I bought that whole half of a lamb this year and I am trying out all kinds of new recipes. This is one of my new favorites. I found this recipe at Sheep's Creek Farm Lamb Recipes. My lamb chops were little and so we could pick them up like they were dainty little chops meant for finger food. But this will definitely work with a bigger chop.

I really love how quick this recipe came together. It took less than 30 minutes (Actual cooking time is around 10 minutes) to make these lamb chops and they were seriously so good. The seasoned bread crumb crust is definitely going to find its way onto other meat recipes.
  • 8 large Lamb chops (rib) or 12 small chops
  • 2 teaspooons kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
  • 4 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons minced fresh Rosemary
  • 2 Teaspooons minced garlic
  • 3 Tablespoons fresh French or hearty Italian bread crumbs
  • 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard

Preheat the broiler or grill. (I used the broiler and my broiler pan) Season the lamb with ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper, then drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Grill or broil the lamb chops for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from the broiler.

For the crust: In a a small bowl combine the rosemary, garlic, and bread crumbs. Drizzle the bread crumbs with the remaining olive oil and season with ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teapsoon of pepper. Liberally cover one side of each lamb chop with mustard, then pack the bread-crumb mixture on top. Place in oven at 350° F. to brown the crust.

1 comment:

raquel said...

Just by looking at picture I'm sure this is seriously good..

eRecipe.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin