Thursday, November 1, 2012

Spicy Peanut Crockpot Chicken



I love the crockpot. It gets used at least once a week. However, I don't always love chicken in the crockpot. Sometimes it just gets too dry. But I gave chicken another try with this recipe and really liked it. The original recipe which can be found in multiple places online refers to this as Thai curry chicken in the crockpot. My sister-in-law who is a die hard authentic Thai cook may just disown me if I called it Thai food. And it's true it is not the real thing. It uses salsa as one of the ingredients. But, it is pretty tasty and has that spicy peanut flavor. Plus it was easy! Finally a keeper for chicken in the crockpot.

The whole family ate it. Which is a success all by itself.

2.5 pounds chicken pieces (I used about 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts but I think boneless thighs would be even better)
1 cup hot salsa (I used medium and it was plenty strong)
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger or 1/2 tsp ginger powder
hot cooked rice (however much you want to eat)
1/2 cup chopped peanuts or more if you love peanuts.
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

Place chicken in slow cooker. Mix salsa, peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger together and pour on top of chicken. Cook on low 6-7 hours *IF BONELESS CHICKEN You Only NEED ONLY 4 HOURS -- this is the secret to keeping it from getting to dry.
Serve chicken and sauce over rice. Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks great. Thanks for posting.
Buy Here Pay Here

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin