Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pomegranate Pine Nut Salad

 

 

I have been MIA from my blog and from the kitchen. I had some surgery and I am just barely getting back in the kitchen.  I was kind of ecstatic the day I made chicken tacos (from chicken that had been precooked and frozen). It was a milestone in my recovery.

I am still not up to spending more than about 15 minutes prepping in the kitchen. I get really tired really fast. But today I found some of my favorite seasonal items laying around the kitchen and I put together this simple salad that felt just a little gourmet. It's not everyday you get to eat these gorgeous red jewels.

Pomegranate season is here! Today I am sharing a simple salad that had my daughter begging me to make her one. It is more of an idea  Later this week, when I am ready to spend more time in the kitchen I will be whipping up some pomegranate syrup from the pomegranate juice I bought from a regional grower. I love pomegranates.


Just because it's salad doesn't mean it has to be boring
.

Pomegranate Pine Nut Salad

For 2. 

4 Cups of mixed greens. ( I like to make sure there is some spinach and arugula)

2 -4 oz. Muenster cheese, cubed

4 TB pine nuts

1 avocado sliced

1/2 cup pomegranate seeds


Place greens on two plates and top with remaining ingredients. Drizzle with some raspberry vinaigrette.

1 comment:

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

Hope you recover soon! Great job on this salad. Very festive.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin