Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Raspberry Coconut Bars


I have a confession to make. I am one of those gals that will always walk through the grass instead of on the sidewalk if it means that it is a shorter and better route. So, I think it is kind of funny when people assume I make everything from scratch. And they do occasionally. The truth is I a love a short cut. Especially when it comes to baking.

Which is why I love Jiffy Mixes. Especially the special flavors like Raspberry Muffin. On the side of the raspberry muffin box was a raspberry bar recipe. Sounds like a shortcut to a yummy dessert to me. I changed it a little by adding coconut because I am also one of those gals that thinks coconut makes everything better. OK, maybe not spaghetti and meatballs, but definitely everything else. You can substitute pecans or leave the coconut out if you are not a coconut gal (or guy).

Raspberry Coconut Bars
1 pkg of Raspberry Muffin mix (Jiffy)
5 TB margarine or butter, softened.
1/4 Cup quick oats
1/4 Cup shredded coconut
1/2 Cup Raspberry jam

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9" square pan.
Combine first four ingredients.
Mix with fork until crumbly.
Set aside 1/4 cup of crumb mixture.
Press remaining crumb mixture into pan.
Spread raspberry jam on top of crumb layer to within 1/2 inch of edges.
Sprinkle or drop reserved crumb mixture over filling.
Bake 25-28 minutes until slightly brown. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to invite you to join the CookEatShare Author Network. I really enjoy your blog and I think the over 1 million unique montly visitors to CookEatShare.com will too.

By joining our Author Network, your blog posts will be indexed and users will be guided to your actual blog when searching your recipes or profile.

The service is free and easy to sign up for. Simply visit www.cookeatshare.com/blogs/apply or contact me at Kyra@cookeatshare.com. You'll get a unique link to claim and customize your profile. We look forward having you in our network!

Anne@ASaladForAllSeasons said...

Hi Rachelle....and it looks like we have 2 things in common. I love a good shortcut...and I'll sneak coconut into just about anything! Love these raspberry coconut bars...they really look scrumptious! And I'm a new reader to your blog and loving it. Heading over to facebook to add you now! : )

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

These look amazing. I would have never guessed the shortcut and I bet you really don't notice when eating them! Yum!!

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies said...

I love raspberries in baked goods and adding coconut is even better! Yum. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin