Sunday, March 8, 2009

Granola Experiment #2 Oatmeal Cinnamon Drops



I had high hopes these would taste like the Quaker Oats balls. They don't. But they are gone, gobbled up, and I just barely made them two days ago. They really are more like mini oatmeal cookies but they are addictingly good and pantry friendly. So, I am keeping this oatmeal recipe.

Adapted from a recipe by Joyce Wylie
I actually halved this recipe because I was short on butter. It still made a few dozen of these mini bites.

1 C margarine, softened
2 Cups sugar (I actually used half fructose and granulated sugar. I am a big fructose fan)
1 tsp sugar free maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla
2 Cups flour
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 Cups oats plus 1/2 cup oats kept separate.
2/3 C raisin

Cream margaine and sugar: add eggs, syrup and vanilla. Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder in a small bowl. Gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in oats and raisins.

Roll into 1 inch balls and roll in oat bowl. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Makes 8 to 10 dozen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin