Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Dessert Peach Burritos w/ Caramel Sauce

I had to squeeze in a little Cinco de Mayo post. And that's not all  that I am having to squeeze in after the awesome pork carnitas, seafood nachos, black bean refried beans (at least these were lowfat) and peach dessert burritos I stuffed myself with tonight. Oh it was good. And although I really have no reason to celebrate Cinco de Mayo I have to eat Mexican on this day. Perhaps it is for my two native Mexican born aunts. Love and miss those ladies.

OK these peach burritos are sweet little bites of heaven on so many levels. First of all I love that there was no frying involved ( all I could find were fried desserts for tonight), no flan involved -- sorry not a flan fan and so easy. Second they are super foodstorage, pantry friendly. Hey you can even make your own tortillas if you feel so inclined. I have a recipe for that --  tortillas.

Finally, they were a hit with the family -- every last one of them.

So without further ado.

Peach Burritos.

2 to 4 flour tortillas depending size. I used the biggest tortillas you have ever seen and therefore only needed two for my fam of 5.

1/2 cup peach preserves (I used cinnamon peach)
1 pint of canned peaches, drained
1 tsp of cinnamon (optional)

Caramel sauce.
1/2 Cup margarine or butter
1/2 Cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make sauce

Heat sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan until boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat.

Spray a rimmed cookie sheet. Place tortilla on sheet before filling.

Spread burritos with peach preserves add a row of peach slices down the middle. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Roll tortillas and cover with caramel sauce. Reserve about 1/4 cup.

Bake for 20 minutes.

Remove from heat and drizzle with more sauce.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin