Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pineapple Grape Bruschetta


Pantry Recipe:

I love the word bruschetta. Mostly because it means some sweet or savory or spicy mixture all served up on a bite size piece of toast. I am especially enamored with fruit bruschetta lately. I dreamed up this recipe because 1. I just bought a case of canned pineapple (my family goes through that stuff) and 2. it just sounded so perfect for spring and Easter. I love that this fresh tasting bruschetta can rely on a pantry staple like canned pineapple.

This recipe makes good use of a stale baguette or any baguette bread and one of my favorite spice mixes: Cinnamon and Sugar. I always keep a jar of half cinnamon and half sugar mixed together on hand for those cinnamon sugar moments and this is one of them.

I really think these will be lovely on a platter for your Easter celebration for breakfast, brunch or dinner. 


Pineapple Grape Bruschetta.

1 can of pineapple in 100 % pineapple juice
1 cup of grapes sliced in 1/2
4 oz of vanilla yogurt. ( I used a Greek vanilla honey yogurt)
1 tsp of honey (you don't need this if your yogurt is honey flavored)
About 20 slices of baugette bread sliced 1 inch thick
About 1 tsp Cinnamon sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
Butter baguettes and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Place on a cookie sheet and place in oven until lightly golden.

Remove and set aside. You can leave these without topping until about 10 minutes before ready to serve to keep bread crisp.

Combine yogurt and honey.

Chop pineapples and add to sliced grapes. Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon sugar. 

Top prepared toasts with a tsp of yogurt and then about a TB of fruit mixture. 

Serve.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin