Friday, August 24, 2012

Peach & Boysenberry Mini Pies

My goodness these mini pies were delicious. 


One morning this week, this was my fruit harvest. Happiness in a bowl. 
Pie, berries and peaches. These are a few of my favorite things.

Photo: This morning's fruit harvest. It is ridiculous how happy this makes me.
So of course I had to combine them all together. 5 little pies for our family. I love individual pies. There is more crust per serving. It is less messy. My pie is all mine. Love them. I used the tin foil mini pie tins you can find at the grocery store in the baking section.

I decided on using a crumb topping because I love crumb toppings and I knew that the pie tins were not overflowing with fruit which meant the top pie crust would cave in. The pie crust came from the the homemade pie crusts frozen in my freezer. My bulk pie recipe.

One more sidenote: I used brown sugar instead of granulated sugar in the filling. Brown sugar and peaches is one of those food matches made in heaven. Plus, I just love brown sugar. Raise your hand if you used to sneak brown sugar clumps out of the bag when your mom wasn't looking when you were a kid.

Was that just me?


Pie Filling
7-8 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced (about 5 cups or 670 g)
1 cup (135 g) boysenberries or blackberries
1/2 cup (80 g) brown sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 pinch of cinnamon
4 tbsp corn starch

Crumb Topping
1/2 Cup of brown sugar
1/2 Cup of flour
2 TB of butter or margarine

Directions for 5 mini pies
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. 
Take chilled pie crust dough and roll into a circle. Cut pie crusts measuring about two inches larger than the tin. Re roll the remaining dough until you have 5 pie crusts.

To make filling: Combine pie filling ingredients in a bowl and let sit for 15 minutes. 
Spoon filling into pie crust to the rims. 

To make crumb topping: Combine flour and sugar and cut in butter cubes with a fork or pastry cutter until it resembles course crumbs. 
Pour about 2 TB of topping onto each pie.

Place pies on foil lined baking sheet. Pies may bubble over. 

Cook for approximately 30 minutes or until fruit is bubbling and crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin