Thursday, February 14, 2013

Double Lemon Heart Tart


Desserts are like love! They are all about the layers. 

I have been thinking up a new tart recipe for weeks now. I wanted something that had some yummy layers but started out with a delicious lemon wafer cookie crust. I recently discovered these lemon wafers at the grocery store. And they were just screaming "MAKE ME INTO A TART CRUST!"



I also wanted a layer of Nutella. (When is that ever a bad bet?) and I wanted a fluffy lemon topping.

I had every intention of making these in my new mini tart pans my sister bought me for Christmas. But then my friend brought me these cute spring release form pans from Wilton for my birthday. Perfect for a little Valentine's day treat for my fam.


And so hear they are. Fluffy lemony tarts with some Nutella love hidden inside and some berry love on top.

Double Lemon Heart Tart.

For 6 Tarts or 1 Big one.

2 Cups of lemon wafer cookies crumbs, crushed in food processor
3 TB of Sugar
4 1/2 TB of butter, melted.

1 can of lemon creme pie filling. You could also use a jar of lemon curd here.
1 tub of whipped topping
1/2 Cup of Nutella

Strawberries and blueberries.

 Directions:
Heat oven to 350 Farenheit
Combine cookie crumbs, Sugar and butter in a medium bowl.
Press a 1/2 inch layer of cookie crumb into bottom of tart pan or pans.
Place pans on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool. 

Meanwhile beat together lemon cream pie filling and whipped topping until combined.
Top cooled cookie crusts with a layer of Nutella.
Top with lemon filling.
Allow to cool in refrigerator for 4 hours or more.
Top with berries before serving.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin