Friday, May 24, 2013

5 Arugula Recipes - Bitter Peppery Heaven

 Arugula and other greens I used to make an arugula pesto (recipe below)
I love arugula. That peppery bitter green really is one of my favorites. I planted it way back in February in my little greenhouse. It grew like crazy. But now it is starting to bolt. It gets really hot in that greenhouse and I have been trying to think of my favorite ways to eat the stuff.

Here are a few of my favorite recipes and ideas.

Today with the arugula and other greenhouse greens I made this really tasty salad

Jamaican Jerk Chicken and Arugula Salad
This was for one but it can be made for as many as you want.

First you need some Jamaican Jerk Chicken. I made extra for dinner the night before knowing full well it was going to knock my sandals off in a salad.

Easiest Jamaican Jerk Chicken Ever
1 bottle of Jamaican Style Jerk marinade.
I used this stuff -- loved it.

Chicken tender pieces. I did about 15 and used about 3/4 of the bottle.

Put chicken tenders in a bag with enough marinade to cover.
Marinate for at least an hour.
Remove from bag and grill on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes per side.
Brush with extra marinade from the bottle as you grill. Remove from grill when juices run clear and the tenders are no longer pink.

Salad
1/2 cup arugula
1/2 cup green lettuce (not iceberg)
1/2 cup other green like spinach or baby
2 Jamaican Jerk Chicken Tenders (see recipe above)
1/4 cup cooked peas.
1 oz of Swiss cheese
Raspberry vinaigrette

Toss it and eat it.

One of my absolutely favorite breakfasts right now comes from this tasty foodblogger. I change it up some times by leaving out the bread. I like to pretend it is healthier for me this way.

Avocado, Fried Egg, Arugula, Sandwich
My favorite part of this may just be the Cholula on the top. Love that stuff.
Here is the original recipe from
JOYLICIOUS

Here is how I eat it for breakfasts and lunches with double layers of arugula.

I am kind of a pesto freak. I want to try every flavor of pesto out there. So of course I made some arugula pesto. It was amazing in place of chive pesto in my Chicken Thighs Stuffed With Pesto and Prosciutto

Arugula Pesto
 
2 large garlic cloves
1/4 C walnuts ( or roasted almonds)
1 Cup packed flat leaf parsley and spinach
2 Cups packed Arugula
1/3 C olive oil, plus 1 T
1/8 C fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp kosher salt

1/4 Cup shredded Parmesan cheese
cracked pepper


Add garlic, walnuts, parsley and spinach and arugula to a food processor. Process until fully chopped. Add lemon juice and olive oil and process until a paste forms. Pulse a few times with Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.

You can freeze this in icecube trays for later use if you are not using it right away.

A few more ideas I am dying to try.
Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza -- I have had this at a local restaurant and I so want to make homemade version.

Caprese Grilled Cheese With Arugula Pesto -- She has a different version of arugula pesto here and the sandwich looks so amazing. Go check it out.

What is your favorite arugula recipe?

2 comments:

Suresh Urs said...

The recipe is of nice and fantastic one. Thanks. ClickDrink Recipes

tajsacaiazzo said...

Stainless Steel T-Shirt by Voodoo Magic
Our Stainless Steel T-Shirt by Voodoo Magic is a titanium density perfect fit for playing in your head titanium tennis racket pocket. We titanium dive knife created this stylish T-Shirt best titanium flat iron by Voodoo Magic and it has $45.95 · ‎In stock how to get titanium white octane

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin