Saturday, August 17, 2013

Shrimp Pomodoro Pasta



Pomodoro pasta -- I dream of you all year. Right up until my tomatoes are ripening on the vine. So fresh and delicious, I love this pasta fanatically. I also love some shrimp with my pasta. This is a simple, fast and fresh tasting dinner perfect for a hot summer night.

I used shrimp that was frozen and already precooked. Because, it was simpler that way.


Pomodoro Pasta

1 box of angel hair pasta.
1/4 Cup of left over pasta water
4  chopped fresh tomatoes ( depends on what you have coming out of your garden. I say the more the better)
3 Cloves of garlic minced
1/2 white onion minced
1 pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
2 Tb of fresh basil, sliced thin
2 Tsp of olive oil
1 Tb of balsamic vinegar.
Salt to taste. This really depends on the acidity of your tomatoes.
1 Lb shrimp (thawed, precooked)
1/4 Cup of shredded Parmesan cheese

1. Prepare angel hair pasta.
2. While cooking pasta, combine tomatoes, basil, salt, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Let sit for about 10 minutes for flavors to marry.
3. Saute onion and red pepper flakes in a little olive oil. When onion gets translucent add garlic and saute for 15 to 30 seconds. Remove from pan and toss with tomato mixture.
4. Add shrimp to pan and saute until just warm.
5. Optional. Add tomatoes on top of shrimp and warm for 30 seconds to a minute. Add reserved pasta water to pan.
6. Drain pasta, add about a TB of olive oil, Parmesan cheese and toss pasta.
7. Serve pasta with shrimp, pomodoro tomato mixture and additional Parmesan cheese.


2 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

This is a lovely pasta. Nice work! You asked about substitution in the cobbler. I don't know. The only way to find out is to try. have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a nicequick recipe. My husband would love this dish.I hope your week is off to a great start. Blessings...Mary

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin