Thursday, September 12, 2013

Cranberry Almond Granola

So good, gone in less than a day. 
In an effort to be an awesome mom that makes after school snacks for her kids every once in a while, I decided to make a delish Pecan Peanut Butter Granola found at Chocolate, Chocolate and More. 

Simple ingredients that came straight from my pantry -- it is an amazing recipe. Fast and addicting.  I decided I wanted another version of this tasty recipe and I definitely wanted MORE. I doubled her recipe and changed it up a little. Check out her original Pecan Peanut Butter Granola and then make a batch of this tasty Cranberry Almond Granola version. Half of my family liked the Pecan Peanut Butter better, while the other half liked the Cranberry Almond. Luckily, it is easy to make this recipe and so it was easy to make two versions for the kiddos that literally ate up all of both granola versions by the next day. 

Awesome mom for the day goal achieved. 
Cranberry Almond Granola
Feel free to double (I wish I had made more)
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 Cup slivered or chopped almonds ( I don't suggest the sliced almonds)
  • 1/2 Cup of dried cranberries. 
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Combine peanut butter and honey in a  bowl and microwave about 20 seconds, until peanut butter melts. Stir to combine.
  3. Stir in cinnamon and vanilla. 
  4. Add oats and dried cranberries and almonds and stir until completely coated with peanut butter mixture.
  5. Spread out on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes until granola starts to brown.
  6. Remove from oven and let cool completely to allow to harden. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin