Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Berry Lemon Skillet Custard Pie


Breakfast, snack, dessert -- doesn't matter, this Berry Lemon Custard skillet pie got eaten for all of them. It was pretty delicious and easy to make. I had a bunch of blackberries and boysenberries from my bushes that needed eaten so I decided to go a different route than my normal blackberry tarts and adapt a recipe from Family Circle for a plain blackberry custard. 


I didn't have quite enough blackberries and boysenberries so I added raspberries to the mix. Really you could use any mixture of berries you have on hand. This recipe is simple to make but does take a good 40 minutes to hour of oven time. So, plan ahead. But this recipe is just as good served cold as it is warm so it can literally be eaten the next day and was in my house. All day, in fact, for breakfast, snack and dessert. 

I made mine lactose free for the lactose intolerant kids in my house. 

Your custard is going to look like this before it goes in the oven, 




Berry Lemon Skillet Custard Pie

Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cups milk (we use LACTAID milk but you could use a coconut milk in this recipe).
1/3 Cup plus 2 TB sugar
2/3 Cup flour
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 TB lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
lemon zest (from about 1/2 a lemon)
3 Cups of fresh berries (I used blackberries, boysenberries and rasberries)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit
2. Spray an oven safe skillet with nonstick spray
3.Combine milk, 1/3 cup sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, lemon juice, four and salt in a blender. 
4. Blend until smooth. 
5. Pour blended batter into skillet. 
6. Place berries on top of batter (they will sink).
7. Sprinkle with lemon zest.

Bake for 40 minutes to an hour until inserted toothpick comes out clean and sides begin to puff. Serve warm or chilled. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar if desired. 


1 comment:

HealtHowdyTips said...

You were posted some posts related to weight loss and your post really worked for my two friends. Your content is really amazing and effective. Thanks for the valuable information.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin