Friday, August 18, 2017

Grape and Pear Galette


Pies are my favorite.  Easy pies are even more my favorite. And this rustic grape pear galette is EASY. I love coming up with a new pie recipe but I have been out of pie creating commission for a year. Just a little over a year ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer and frankly I have had very limited energy to think up a new recipe much less even bake. For about 6 months all food tasted weird or not at all as I went through chemo. I am in remission now but suffering from some back issues. So, when I picked up these pretty little green grapes from the farmer's market and they along with my pears started to be a little ripe -- as in the grapes may have started to smell like a winery -- I decided I would make an easy galette for Sunday dessert. 

So this little galette is a HUGE milestone for me. I haven't touched my blog forever. But I am on my way back to normal and that means coming up with a new pie/tart/galette recipe. 

I didn't try to make it pretty. Hence the rustic. But it looks kind of beautiful to me and there are only 5 ingredients because I used a puff pastry. The ingredients are not measured exactly. 

It turned out absolutely delicious. I couldn't even get a pic before we ate half the galette. 

GRAPE and PEAR GALETTE

1 puff pastry slightly rolled out 
1 1/2 Cups green grapes sliced in half
2 anjou pears thinly sliced
1/4 cup apricot jam
2 TBS water
egg beaten -- optional

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 425.

Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and place puff pastry on parchment paper. 
Mix apricot jam and water till fully combined. 
Place pears and grapes in a bowl with jam mixture and gently coat pear and grapes.
Mound pears and grapes in center of puff pastry with about a two inch space around the edges.
Fold pastry up over edges of fruit. 
Brush with mixed egg if desired. 
Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. 
Serve warm. 





No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin