Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Yogi Crunch


As a member of the foodbuzz tastemaker program I get to review and experiment with food products occasionally. However, I try to only accept products that I will either use or that I want to try out for pantry use. I was already a huge fan of Special K cereal and I always stock up on their cereal when it goes on sale. So, I was pretty pumped to try out some of Kellogs' Special K line.


I am a huge granola fan. And usually that is a huge problem. Huge in that whenever I make my own granola there is a danger of huge amounts going to my hips. I can't keep my hand out of the granola "jar." So, I was excited to try Special K low fat granola. LOW FAT Granola! I was interested to see if this was something I would stock in my pantry. I have to say that I was very reluctant to share this tasty treat and that is always a good sign that it is good. I won't say that it is as indulgent as the homemade stuff but it has a light sweet crunch that goes perfect with my yogurt and fruit breakfast. I am however a major cheapskate. I will buy this again when it goes on sale and I have a coupon, because it is slightly pricey. Special K also sent me a box of blueberry fruit crisps which are an amazing 2 grams of fat and 100 calories per pouch -- 2 crisps. These were tasty and disappeared quickly. I sprinkled half of one on top of my layered yogi crunch for a little extra blueberry something, something.


Yogi Crunch

So lowfat and sweet and healthy

Ingredients per cup

6 pineapple chunks (I used canned pineapple in its own juice)

1 handful of Special K or other granola

1/4 Cup of light strawberry yogurt

1/2 fruit crisp (Special K) crumbled on top.

1 comment:

Miss Meat and Potatoes said...

I was excited when I saw the commercial for it so now I'll have to try it. I'm with you - at the rate I can eat granola - I'm not sure if it matters if it's healthy or not. It's addicting...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin