Sunday, August 14, 2011

Storing Memories and a Deal!


This is a blog about storing and preserving things. I love preserving good food but I also think it is important to preserve good memories. My children often go and get photo books off the shelf to look at as if they were some fascinating novel. Now don't get the wrong idea. I am no scrapbooker. Been there tried that. Got really sick of cutting and pasting. However I love making digital photobooks. They are a simple and beautiful way to preserve photos. Plus they can always be remade for children or grandparents. Yes. You can spend anywhere between $25  to $55 but if you consider that you will spend at least that much on paper, doodads and photos if you scrapbook a photo book -- that cost is a deal!

So, let's just say I was excited to recieve an offer from Kodak Gallery and Foodbuzz to try out Kodak Gallery's new Quickstart photo book. I have never used Kodak Gallery for a photo book so this was a chance to try out there program. I still needed to get my 2010 family photo album finished so picked the medium size photobook.


What I liked:
1. I liked that they have several backgrounds and layouts available
2. You can download pictures from your computer, a disc, or Facebook (I used all three)
3. It will arrange your photos in order of date taken ( although I did still rearrange every page)
4. Once you figure out how to move pages and pictures it is an easy program.
5. You can layer photos. Putting one photo in front or behind another.

I am so excited for this photo book to come in the mail next week. I am even thinking of putting some of my recipes on this blog into a kodak gallery photo book. That would be a good family gift for Christmas.

Are you inspired? Do you want to preserve memories or family recipes or both together. Kodak Gallery is giving my readers a coupon for 40% off a medium hardcover or a large Photo Book. Simply go  to www.kodakgallery.com/creativity to redeem. The offer is only available through this URL from 8/1/11 - 8/31/11.

I recieved a free medium hardcover book from Kodak Gallery as part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin