Thursday, April 3, 2014

Lemon Garlic Asparagus Shrimp Skillet


It has been a while.
I have been MIA.
For six months in fact.



I got a full time job and on top of another part time job, family and 3 big nonprofit events I have not had time to blog. In fact, I have barely had time to cook (or breathe). I am learning to breathe and cook again. But my meals have to be fast and easy. We are already eating at 8 pm a lot of nights.

Life has been a huge adjustment over the past 6 months. HUGE! But I am ready to blog a little again. And it took spring time and my favorite veggie to get me back to my food blog. I am feeling especially inspired by asparagus.

So here is a little something fast -- 15 minutes of fast delicious and almost from scratch -- featuring my fave veggie right now.

This was so delicious. I wish there were leftovers. I served it over some couscous that was flavored with garlic and olive oil.

One little side note: I will cut the asparagus into smaller pieces next time.

Lemon Garlic Asparagus Shrimp

1 LB precooked frozen shrimp (This makes it even faster and easier
1 TB of coconut oil (or olive oil)
2 minced cloves of garlic
1 TB of lemon juice
1/2 Cup of mushrooms cut into chunks
1 bundle of asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-3 inch pieces.
Kosher salt to taste. I used at least a 1/2 tsp.
Shredded parmesan cheese (optional)

Heat coconut oil in skillet over medium high heat.
Saute garlic for 30 seconds in skillet.
Add asaparagus, mushrooms, salt and lemon juice.. Stir to coat. Cook covered for 5 minutes.
Add frozen shrimp and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until asparagus is desired tenderness and shrimp is heated through.

Top with parmesan cheese if desired. Serve over couscous.

Simple, elegant, fast. Right up my alley. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin